1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

On CNN: Electronics Experts Doubt Toyota

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by joe1347, Mar 24, 2010.

1. joe1347

joe1347 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Video up on CNN online.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Not sure who the 'British Experts' are. Also, not much in the way of details from the British experts. The CNN 'experts' that come on afterwards then proceed to speculate and if I heard correctly compare a Toyota (car) to a Windows-based computer. As if a Toyota's closed electronics systems is comparable to a home computer. Of course, The CNN types are not experts and they don't seem to be basing any of their speculations on any new facts or additional expert assessments. Wonder if any of the cast have technical degrees? But yet more bad PR for Toyota.

2. robbyr2

robbyr2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Dr. Keith Armstrong is not "breaking" news. He's been saying the same thing for weeks now. According to his website his primary business is testifying for lawyers like ATAC. I'm sure he's just on his way to San Diego at their expense.

I don't think many folks are listening just now. Health care and the Republican-proposed (and health insurance industry demanded) mandate to have health insurance are foremost in everyone's mind right now.

3. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

yep, those are funded by trial lawyers suing toyota...Toyota already had PR about it.

4. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Similar reports on NPR today (Thurs) emphasize that the possibility of bugs in software apply to all manufacturers using software in their cars--i.e., the entire modern car industry.
    Glad to hear that's been figured out.

5. robbyr2

robbyr2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    NPR doesn't have to involve itself in yellow journalism...