1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

On the Waitlist

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Kpod, May 15, 2008.

1. Kpod

Kpod New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello all! I'm new and I'm on the waitlist. I searched every dealer in the mitten (yes, I'm from Michigan) and in northern Indiana and Ohio...of course, no one had one in stock...lol So, now I'm on the waitlist. I must say I CANNOT WAIT!!! I'm super excited for my new Prius. I commute 100+ a day for school, so I spend a TON on gas. Any advice you all have for me is welcome and greatly appreciated!!:)

2. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome Kpod....just take it easy on the throttle until you get your Prius. How long did they say it would take apx?

3. Kpod

Kpod New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm number 18 on the waitlist, and they said 6-8 weeks (the shortest wait time I found, and the lowest price coincidentally). They have 10 coming in the beginning of next week, and they said they just go down the list until they're all taken. So we'll see...I'll keep you posted!!

In the meantime...I've slowed down a ton...cruising at 65-68 for my drive to save money.

Thanks for the tip!!

4. Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I also put down a deposit today on a Prius, package #2, BLACK.

I am #2 on the waiting list at my local dealership, and they said it will take 3-6 weeks around the middle of June. I can't wait.

They are only allocated, I think, one Prius every other week or so, and they have to trade that one to meet the "wants" of the people on the list.

For instance, they may get a red one, but they will have to trade it with another to get my black.

Can't Wait!

5. goin' green

goin' green New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Oh, the pain of the wait! We just received ours on Wednesday after a month of waiting. Let me tell you, it is definitely worth the wait!!! We put our order in for a Spectra Blue Mica pkg. 5 on April 12th, they originally told us it would be 2-3 months, we were on a list as well, but fortunately, the dealer was able to arrange a trade on one in transit to another dealer and we received a call with our vin in only a month. So, to give you hope, it may happen sooner than they say. I know that was a very loooooonnnnng month! Every time I saw someone in a Prius, I would smile and wave and think to myself, I want mine!!!
    We've named ours Spectra 5 (that's our license plate:)) and I have already put 150 miles on it going to work and back. It is wonderful! Everything I expected and more!! So, just sit back, read the posts on Prius chat, smile and wave at Prius drivers and your day will come!! Good luck!! I hope it comes soon for you. :wave:

6. Courtney

Courtney New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I can't help but to wave and smile at every Prius owner I pass! Some wave back, some look at me like, "Do I know that crazy girl?" It's a good feeling I'll tell you. The wait might be long for some but it's so worth it! Perhaps I'll wave to one of you some day too! :wave:

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Pump up your tires to at least max sidewall pressure.

8. TravelBliss

TravelBliss It's worth the wait !!!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm tired of waiting too....