1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One fob for two Prii?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Marlin, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So, I just picked up my second Prius today. Both of mine have the SKS. I have in my mind the idea that I should be able to program two cars to accept the same fob. I've read here that it's the car that is programmed for the fob, not the fob that is programmed for the car. However, the service rep I talked to at the dealership said it can't be done.

So... Can you program two cars to accept the same fob?

2. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    There are a couple of helpful threads on this subject. This one seems helpful

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=11755&hl=one+fob

I didn't see any convincing info either way, but it seems to be possible in theory.

3. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hmmm, I suppose I should have been a good PriusChat poster and done the search myself, but in my exuberance I posted first and thought second.

I didn't see any of our resident Toyota mechanics weigh in on that thread. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll see this post.

4. IMHYBRID

IMHYBRID New Member

Please let me know as We will be a two Prius family in January. Both with SKS.

5. lbligh

lbligh Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I'm very interested also, so do be sure to fill us in when you get the definitive answer. This technology will certainly be spreading and I suspect most of us have to carry around keys to more than one car (hmmm, someone should make a poll on that point). It would be a real pain to have to have two fobs and keep track of which is which.