1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One month old Prius got into small accident, Warranty question and advice needed!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bonmo, Feb 7, 2008.

1. bonmo

bonmo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello!

My poor Prius got into a minor 5mph rear bumper accident. It is very minor because my bumper only got two small dents and paint scratched from the license plate nails hitting the bumper.

My questions are as follows: is my bumper still under warranty now that it's been through an accident? If it's still under warranty, do I have to take it to a dealer's body shop to get it repair so it'll still be consider under warranty? Another way to rephrase the question is can I take the Prius to get it fix at non-dealers body shop and still be under warranty?

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Get it fixed where ever you like and Toyota will not void your warranty. Of course the repairer will be responsible for warranty on the repair.

3. tbirdhs

tbirdhs Tbirdhs

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thats correct. Take it to any reputable shop, or maybe your insurance company has a life time warranty with a local shop. Till recently I owned 2 shops and had similar agreements with 22 major insurance companies.