1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One month review of my Escape AWD Hybrid

Discussion in 'Ford/Lincoln Hybrids and EVs' started by cnc97, Mar 13, 2024.

1. cnc97

cnc97 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    • I was looking for a Toyota hybrid, but they have insane markups in my area. The Ford hybrids, not so much. I got a 21 Escape SE Hybrid AWD 1-27. 43k miles on it. First tank of fuel I was showing 34.5 mpg average. Filled it up with E0 on 2-7 around 350 miles in. Without really trying to hyper mile, and on tires that should have been replaced (3-4/32 tread), I put gas in it 22 days and 507 miles later. 39.3 indicated, 37.3 measured. I was pretty stoked and would have been happy with that. Tank two took me to and from Nashville TN averaging 62 mph at an indicated 42.4 mpg. They are EPA rated 42 city, 33 hwy.
    • Today I put new Michelin Defenders on it, and it’s like driving an entirely new car. It doesn’t even compare. I was happy with the Continentals that it had on it, but they were pretty worn and had some cracking that I was concerned with. Especially since it looks like a Nashville trip is going to be a thing every 45-60 days for the foreseeable future. I should have stayed in a hybrid when I replaced the Prius.