1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One of Jay Leno's "gas guzzlers"

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by FloridaWen, Jul 2, 2007.

1. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [attachmentid=9369]

Attached Files:

2. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What on earth is this? Does he really own it? Again, what is it?

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Now that's a truck! It would be perfect for hauling home a large sack of dog food, or an extra 12 pack of soda.

Tom

4. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michgal007 @ Jul 2 2007, 08:54 AM) [snapback]471437[/snapback]</div>
    We all know that Jay Leno is an avid vehicle collector.... God only knows how many he owns. This is one from his "collection" from what I understand !!

http://www.go-star.com/antiquing/leno.htm

He has a passion for collecting cars and motorcycles, and although the size of his collection changes, it includes somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 cars and 80 motorcycles. He also owns a fire truck.

So what's ahead for the famous Chin? Probably more classic cars for the collection and the sale of some that he has now. Leno feels that he doesn't really own the cars; he's just getting them ready for the next caretaker.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michgal007 @ Jul 2 2007, 07:54 AM) [snapback]471437[/snapback]</div>
    That appears to be an International XT class truck. You've seen the International trucks that are used for commercial hauling; now they have a few models for the average everyday soccer mom.

I don't know if this link will work: http://69.20.127.42/portal/site/ITrucks/me...00085d0eb0aRCRD

If not, head to http://www.internationaltrucks.com/portal/site/ITrucks and click on "Trucks" then "XT.

6. pyccku

pyccku Happy Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thank God there is a truck like this! Think of all the times people have worried about being hit by a semi while in their vehicle. Now you won't have to worry about it, because you'll be on equal footing with the semis. Of course, you'll pretty much destroy anything OTHER than a semi if you happen to hit it...but who cares? It's all about YOU, isn't it? So long as you can say "I WIN" at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter if those silly pedestrians or motorcyclists or families in their minivans end up maimed or killed, does it?

You just have to look out for number one!

7. M. Oiseau

M. Oiseau 6sigma this

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What's embarrassing for me is that I've seen a few in the Tulsa area. Drivers appeared to be looking around to make sure everyone was paying attention to them.

8. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(M. Oiseau @ Jul 2 2007, 09:55 AM) [snapback]471455[/snapback]</div>
    I guess they do not run on "gas" but use diesel fuel, like a regular truck as opposed to a "truck-wanna-be" like the Hummer.
    I just CAN'T imagine one driving on city streets.... off-road, okay, but not on public roads alongside cars and SUV's.
    Perhaps a construction company would buy one to pull a heavy payload trailer, like with a bulldozer and backhoe on it, but
    seriously, what is the reason one would buy one of these "monsters" for daily driving ????

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That's hilarious. And I'll bet that while Jay owns it and has maybe driven it once, he certainly doesn't "drive" it. Probably too embarassed.

Jay does ride his motorcycles though. Much better gas mileage.

At least he's got some steamers and even an EV. (1909 Baker electric)

I'll bet they're all in top condition and all run.

And I'll bet he'll be one of the first to own a Tesla when they're out, too.

10. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I want one!

I'd paint it pink and put Hello Kitty stickers all over it.

11. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jul 2 2007, 11:52 AM) [snapback]471520[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, right now all we can offer you in "pink" is an H2....
    [attachmentid=9373]
    [attachmentid=9378]

Now if you want a camouflage XT....
    [attachmentid=9375]

If you really want "Hello Kitty over pink".... we have
    [attachmentid=9376]

[attachmentid=9377]

Lets go back to the groovy 70's....
    [attachmentid=9382]

Or the 60's ??
    [attachmentid=9383]

Attached Files:

12. 1x1

1x1 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    What an idiot. I wonder how much he donates to charity versus how much he donates to feeding his own ego?

13. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I wonder if it's possible to have negative MPG...

14. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I could see some (extremely limited) justification for a vehicle like this. Presumably, it still has the capability to haul a semi-trailer (maybe with a fifth-wheel setup in the bed). Normally, a semi-tractor has a taller profile with limited seating capacity (they're usually sleeper cabs). This, OTOH, has a pickup bed and crew-cab configuration.

With this, Jay could haul a trailer somewhere and still have the ability to bring friends in the cab. Then, after dropping off the trailer upon arrival, he and his group would be free to travel unencumbered. Should he find more stuff to haul, he could throw it into the bed.

Whether it's ever actually used for that purpose, I have no idea. I can't imagine it being easy to drive anything that large in traffic.

15. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If you really owned one of these, you definitely must be well aware of very low bridges and overpasses, like the kind you still find in parts of New England and obviously could not park in any sort of parking garage other than an open lot. And forget about driving up thru fast-food-restaurants take-out windows, no way !!

What do you think the overall HEIGHT (vertical exhaust pipe) of this vehicle is.... 12 feet ??

16. ozyran

ozyran New Member

Ah, that truck would be the International CXT 4x4 "pickup" truck! Four Wheeler magazine did a review on this gargantuan beast back in 2005. My thoughts and attitudes about that truck were different, let me tell you! These days, I see it as a gaudy and ridiculous waste of a semi-truck frame.

Here are some specs for you from the Four Wheeler website:
    Base price: $90,000
    Price as tested: Approx. $105,000
    ENGINE
    Type: DT466 I-6 diesel
    Displacement (liter/ci): 7.6/466
    Bore x stroke (in.): 4.59 x 4.68
    Valve actuation: Pushrod
    Compression ratio: 16.5:1
    Intake: EFI, turbocharged, air-to-air intercooling
    Mfg.'s power rating, hp @ rpm: 220 @ 2,200
    Mfg.'s torque rating, lb-ft @ rpm: 540 @ 1,400
    Mfg.'s suggested fuel type: Diesel
    FRAME/BODY
    Frame: Steel with 10-inch-tall(!) framerails
    Body: Steel
    EPA city/highway: N/A
    Actual city/trail (mpg): 6.4
    Actual highway (mpg): 8.5
    DIMENSIONS/CAPACITIES
    Weight (lb.): 14,500
    Wheelbase (in.): 175 (Crew Cab) (14.6 ft)
    Overall length (in.): 258 (21.5 ft)
    Overall width (in.): 96 (8 ft)
    Height (in.): 108 (to top of cab) (9 ft)
    Track f/r (in.): 70.3/70.3
    Minimum ground clearance (in.): N/A
    Turning diameter, curb-to-curb (ft.): 27.7(!)
    Bed dimensions (It's a Ford F-350 bed) (LxWxH): 82.4x50.9x20 in.
    Approach/departure angles (deg.): N/A
    GVWR (lb.): 25,999
    Payload (lb.): 11,400
    Maximum towing capacity (lb.): 40,000
    Fuel capacity (gal.): 70
    Interior noise at 60 (DbA): N/A
    Seating: Five

So, in order to achieve a range of 510 miles, you need to drive on the highway, and that tank will cost you $186.00 paying approx $3.10/gal for diesel.

Basically, you get this truck because you're jealous of your rapper friend's H2 and you're a wealthy rock star or talk show host.

And speaking of pink, who thrashed the beloved Ferrari 512?!? What a complete waste of a car.

17. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've seen one of these, albeit a slightly less dressy version, in the area where I live.
    I believe that it is a working truck, here, but I do feel very sorry for the people that have to own one in order to do whatever it is that they do with it.
    I don't see it often, btw... I think that they leave it parked except for the occasions when they have to get it out, and use it (to move apartment buildings? to get large vehicles unstuck? I have no clue).

18. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ozyran @ Jul 2 2007, 01:46 PM) [snapback]471634[/snapback]</div>
    What else are you going to do if you want a Ferrari but you don't have a teeny-tiny penis?

19. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ozyran @ Jul 2 2007, 02:46 PM) [snapback]471634[/snapback]</div>
    Basically, you get this Testarosa because well, . . . . . see above.
    I thank God, that I finaly managed to grow a self identity before I had enough money to afford one of either of these symbols of excess. What a sad statement on all of us who are parents, that we fail to instill enough sense of self worth and healthy values in our children ... that our poor kids then have to grow up and want to sit in either of these things, just so that other under emotionally developed folks will look at us in envy. We're up at our MT house for the holiday, where a lot of the local folks have rust on the quarter panels of their cars, but a big ol' friendly smile for you, whether you drive a similar rusty car, or a testarosa. But you MAY get a little jealousy if you have a nicer deer rifle :p

20. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rudiger @ Jul 2 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]471620[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not sure why Jay Leno gets such a bad rap. He collects cars as his hobby. He has hundreds of cars and though all of them are in running condition or being restored, he doesn't drive them much. He also has a website that allows people a chance to see his huge collection. There a a lot worse things to spend you money on when you have millions to spend.

The International CXT is the largest vehicle that someone can drive without a commercial driving license. It is effectively a medium duty commercial truck converted for personal use. I've seen two of International CXT's on the road and both were pulling double trailers. The first had a HUGE 5th wheel travel trailer and a very large boat. The second had a HUGE 5th wheel travel trailer and then a Hummer H1.

Of course this picture at a dealers website is the only one that shows it towing anything. :lol:

[​IMG]

The smaller versions like the MXT are what International hopes will be the replacement for the military Humvee.

[​IMG] [​IMG]