1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One of the vents on my air conditioner is not working

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Carlos Sá, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Carlos Sá

Carlos Sá Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hi my friends,

I have a 2017 Prius and a short time ago one of the air conditioning vents stopped working, in this case the second vent (driver's side). Toyota here in my city (I live in Brazil) is charging a high price just to analyze the problem, so I decided to come to you looking for solutions.

Thanks in advance.
    Carlos Sá

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    unfortunately, it's complicated. the ven doors are all tucked inside the dashboard. repair generally involves disassembly of the whole dash to get at the hvac air distribution system.
    it should be detailed in the service manual available at techinfo.toyota.com

Carlos Sá likes this.
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    We used to have to say techinfo.toyota.com, or if we felt like being extra helpful, we could say techinfo.toyota.com or there can be other alternatives available to you depending on where you are in the world, but now it is easiest and most helpful just to link to the wiki page that Elektroingenieur kindly put together that has all of that information already so we don't have to keep repeating it:

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

Carlos Sá likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  5. Carlos Sá

Carlos Sá Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I read the post but it is very complicated for me to try this. Anyway I really apreciate your help.

I thought that some simple config would solve but seems way more complicated.

bisco likes this.