1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"One of Your Prii Belong to Me"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by KipsDad, Jul 10, 2006.

1. KipsDad

KipsDad New Member

Well, I did it. I just got back home from buying a CPO 2004 Toyota Prius. It's white, which is a first for me, always had blue or green cars; but beggers can't be choosers (and it's growing on me).

Traded in a 2002 Audi A6 2.7t... so goodbye luxury, HP and Torque, 20GB Phatnoise jukebox... and a $550 month gas bill.

I drive 75 miles... one way..... to work every mon-fri. So this was a no brainer... other than I am missing the power and the roominess... get used to it, rather quickly though.

Doing research now as to what MP3 systems exist that can be used in the Prius (besides an ipod ($200) and an good iPod connection device ($300). I only paid $120 for the Phatnoise system... but I will figure it out. (suggestions? PM me)

Just on the drive to the dealer, I watched my Audi get an average of 18mpg. Coming home.... the Prius.... 53mpg... (I can hear strains of "Bring in the Money"). Plus knowing the Env. impact.... wow... I do feel better.... somehow superior ;-)

Now my latest conundrum...How can I root for Toyota F1 (gas guzzlers!!!! Pollution!!!!) when I drive a Prius? ;-) LOL

Been a lurker for awhile now, and very very happy to be a FULL member of the Cult!!!

2. BobZ

BobZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KipsDad @ Jul 10 2006, 03:51 PM) [snapback]284012[/snapback]</div>
    Well congrats from the rest of the cult. I too took the plunge last week and share your thoughts. Look inside of your armrest (center console) and see if there are any plugs as in 1/8 pin jack and a cigarette lighter type of power port. It may already be wired for an ipod.