1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One step closer to a greener world!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Jackoar, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Jackoar

Jackoar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Today is the day I thought would never happen. I am officially a Prius owner. It all started a few months ago whenever we found out we had to move to California. We did our research on reasonably priced vehicles with old gas mileage. The Prius got our attention quickly with All of the amazing reviews we found. A week ago we decided to go look at prii's and I found a really nice Barcelona red 2010 Prius II with 35k miles and was marked for 21.5 I talked them down some but they were being ridiculous and We had to walk. I was down and discourage and felt emotionally raped by the dealership. The following weekend we headed to a different dealership in search of prii's now wanting 2011 model. After a short moment of looking I found a silver prius 3 with 6 miles on it and never even been test driven. It was calling me. It doesn't have any special package or anything but it's totally amazing coming from a 2008 scion XB whos name was Brian and I loved dearly. I haven't picked a name out for my pri yet but it will come to me. So the person I was with is my mother, I'm only 20 and a student so I live at home still. She picked her self up a 2011 Prius 3 charcoal color with navi, solar roof, leather/heated seats amongst some other things I can't think of. So I live quite a distance from the dealer and they filed my tank up so I'm not sure how much it costs to fill. The drive me was really pleasant it's a super smooth ride and it's amazing on gas. My scion xb sucked gas down. The first thing I'm going to do is tint the windows. That's a must. Overall I'm happy with my choice and I'm glad that you guys are all just excited as your prius's as I am. I've read through a lot of the posts but if anyone has any advice for me I'm an open book. Thanks

2. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congrats and welcome to forum. With filling up it rarely more then 10gal/$35, and you get 500mi+ out of tank good luck

3. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome to PC :welcome:Hopefully some of the quirks of the 2010s have been resolved by Toyota...really, there aren't that many. Let's hope you have a rattle-free ride that you enjoy for years to come.

4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings ans :welcome:
    Mostly....I would just drive it and just get to know the car, and not worry much about mileage.
    There is one thing that you should do twice, that most people never even do once.

Read the manual!

The reason I said twice is that it's very poorly written, and you're apt to skip-read the first time through.

Best of luck!

5. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    :welcome: Congratulations on the new Prius.

Suggestions:

Enjoy the car and have fun.

Read everything you can about the car and how to get the most out of it.

Consider increasing your tire pressures by 5 or 6 lbs above the Toyota recommended pressures for better mileage.

Don't buy an extended warranty, at least not yet. You have 3 years/36K miles to make up your mind and they are sold through this site for the best price anywhere. If you already have one try to cancel it, they are a real rip off from most car dealers.

6. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome To PriusChat .

I remember the excitement waiting for my 2007 Prius to come in. Every since than I remain excited with all the features of this wonderful car. But Best Of All The Gas Savings, I have been getting 56 MPG for the last 4 years.

I hope you enjoy your new baby as much as I do mine.