1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One week old in San Diego

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by SDBobcat, Jan 24, 2008.

1. SDBobcat

SDBobcat New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    One week and 600 miles on my super white package 6, and I have only gone through a tank and a half of gas!!

I traded my '01 VW Passat 4Motion (read near luxo-cruiser) so I thought I would "settle" on the Prius as 500-700 miles a week at 20 mpg is VERY expensive in southern Cal. So far I am impressed with the ride. I think I made a good call.

I have noticed some quirks with the Energy Monitor Display..
    1. Sometimes when stopped the energy monitor indicates that the motor is feeding the wheels and that the vehicle is in motion. I can hear engine running.

2. Sometimes when coasting I see the blue reben from the wheels to the battery but my MPG reading is all over the place (25-99 MPG).

Anyone seen this?

Do I need to take it in (thats my plan).

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    No. You don't need to take it in.

Read some more on Priuschat and you'll understand what the display is telling you better.

3. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome to Prius Chat!
    Super white is such a nice color :D

My advice, is just drive the car for awhile... ignore the MFD display, and just get used to how the car handles, feels, sounds...

After a few weeks, you will be surprised at how smoothly you drive it, and how consistent your MPG gets. :)

4. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just keep driving your car and benefit from getting high mpg every tankful. What you are seeing is normal. Regards.