1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One year into ownership+ fan upgrade

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by MrMagoo, Jun 24, 2014.

1. MrMagoo

MrMagoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Greetings,

After about a year Of owning a Prius Premium here in Norway, I have some questions for you.

The car was in for the upgrade regarding the cooling fan for the battery this winter. After summer finally arrived, I have noticed a lot of more noise coming from the vent in the back seat. Last summer we never heard a sound from this vent. Since temperatures seldom pass 28 degrees C I find this a bit strange. Last evening it was only 16, and the fan kept spinning. When I acccelerate the fan goes faster, and when I slow down it also slows down. Any similar excperiences?

Parking. Why on earth is it almost impossible to park this car straight?! Do not have any problems parking any other vehicles straight. Are any of you having this "problem" too?

Solar roof. Not too impressed. It doesnt really get cold. I can both hear and feel the fans running, but it feels more like the ac is off, and only the fans blowing outside air into the cabin. Does yours work any better?

I have also attached a picture of Wally, as my girlfriend calls the car. Even though I would rather prefer Thor- the god of thunder ;)

All the best from Norway,

M.

Attached Files:

2. energyandair

energyandair Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    What fan upgrade?

3. RaZa

RaZa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    After a couple of years the fan in the back started to make an audible noise, but it's not bad or annoying in any way. i can just notice it now. as for parking, I've always had problems parking the car straight. It's due to the downward angle where the windows comes out the door. It's not parallel to the road like in most cars, so it's hard to know when you're parallel with any references out the side window. I've toyed with the idea of using a small piece of tint to create a line parallel to the ground. That would help with parking a lot.

4. jonb505

jonb505 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad to hear I'm not completely insane. I've had the parking issue since day 1 with my prius v wagon going on 2 years ownership now. I've resorted lately to opening the window when parking and physically sticking my head out and looking at the front and rear of the car to ensure I'm lined up on the parking spot! Of course, I make sure nobody is watching when I do this. :D

5. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You are not alone believe me!
    Going on ten years, still can't get it right, but getting better!:whistle:

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in