1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One Year Old!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by way0utwest, Mar 31, 2008.

1. way0utwest

way0utwest New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Today is the one year anniversary of our Prius purchase!:p

We bought a 2007 on Mar 31, 2007 to take advantage of the last day for the 1/2 tax credit. Mileage today is 21,500, averaging about 50mpg across the summer and winter and we have loved it!

Anyone else having a Prius birthday today!

2. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Me too! One year today with 8102 miles. I did the same thing with the tax credit. I got the bigger tax credit, then Toyota dropped the package prices in eary April, but I still came out ahead. :)
    Overall calculated average was 45.5 miles/gal. Average cost was .226 cents per mile, including about $480 in accessories, but not including depreciation.

3. SpartanScott

SpartanScott Michigan Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 1 year anniversary was one week ago. We went out for a nice romantic drive thru! 18000 miles, $1000 in gas, 52.2 MPG. I actually got my tax refund with the full Prius tax credit deposited into my account the same day.

4. earthworm

earthworm New Member

I'll hit my anniversary the end of this month.
    Positives:Milage (DUH!),tax credit,mantainace,chick magnet (see my posts in the 'what women think of men who drive Prius' thread),easier parking from long-bed Chevy p/u,meeting new people explaining how the car works.The 'hidden' storage places.
    Negatives:Heater not as good as the one in the truck(that's what sweaters are for).No 'auto-on' headlight feature like the truck had.Panhandlers seem more attracted to me now:I guess they think car/hybred drivers are a softer touch("No.NO!").
    Donno if I'd go out of my way to buy another Prius but am very pleased overall.

5. curtisbeme

curtisbeme New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You do have auto headlights. If you leave the headlight switch on, it will turn off and on when turn the car off and on.