1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

+One Year Stats

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Prudence, May 10, 2008.

1. Prudence

Prudence New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    After reading Efusco's post on getting 55 lmpg, I thought I would post my stats from the past 14 months. Getting 55mpg one tank is easy, try keeping the average at 55mpg and you will appreciate what Efusco has done.
    I thought I would post my stats from the past 14 months.
    I bought my Prius in March 07 and here's the stats from the logbook I keep in the glovebox.

A usual fill up is every 13 to 14 days and I stop filling at the first click.

Best tank 545 miles (flashing pip) in nice autumn weather
    Worst tank 357 miles, super cold weather

Best MPG 55.7 vacation driving in summer
    Worst MPG 48.3 (normal) dead of winter
    Worst MPG 46.8 (exception) 5 adults going up mountains in 98 degrees

Most put in tank: 10.01 gals with flashing pip
    Least put in tank: 7.73 gals on a cold day
    *I fill up at one pip, with two incidents of a flashing pip

Lifetime MPG per MFD numbers: 51.4
    My calculations (miles divided by gals) 50.1 These numbers come from 32 fill ups.

I have a 20 minute commute with a mix of in town and interstate with some hills. One 5 minute segment coming home is always 75 to 100 mpg.
    I blocked my upper grill in the winter and have a EBH that gets used if I remember it, probably 50/50.
    Tires are kept around 38/36 except after an oil change when they get dropped to the low thirties and until I remember Toyota changed them.

I currently have 14,100 on the odometer and a tank reading 55.6, ready for a fill up, which is close to my best mileage last autumn. Looks like it's going to be a good summer.

And of course, I learned all I know from being on here. When I go shopping I drive to the furthest store and then stop at the others on the way back. I rarely do short drives and absolutely hate it when I have to because I know what it does to my mileage.

2. badaka

badaka New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Sweet. My first year I kept a very detailed spreadsheet and and came up with an overall MFD average of 51 and a gass receipt/miles average of 50.55.
    I've got almost 35K miles now but don't keep a record. I'm still trying to fine tune my methods and having fun driving this car.

Congrats on your totals!

3. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    51.4 is awesome. Congrats.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Keep it up, you'll improved, but it's tough getting that LMPG up. You're starting right where I did at my first year. I didn't have an EBH until about 2 years ago and didn't start using it as much as I do now until about a year ago. So you've got an advantage there if you can remember to use it routinely.