1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Online parts buys -- best Toyota source -- Real Parts?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cyberpriusII, Nov 7, 2017.

1. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Someone slammed into my driver side mirror and left the pieces on the ground.

I sincerely do not need that right now as my bank account is scraping zero. However, I need to replace.

Local junkyards are manned by Johnny Depp and his band of pirates, so I might as well get the part new from Toyota.

Anyone got any direction for me for an actual online Toyota parts source that discounts and is reliable.

Seems like Patrick Wong has recommended a few places in the past, but all I can find is a post from 2010 where he recommended one dealer, but the web site is no longer there.

I consider this an important safety issue, so want to replace as soon as possible.
    kris

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    he used to recommend camelback, iirc.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    O.K., Thanks, Bisco. I will check them out. The old post was a place in Texas, Champion, but Camelback is in Arizona, if I remember correctly.
    HUGGGSSS!
    kris

bisco likes this.
  4. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    What color is your 2008?

I believe I have a white and a silver

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    my daughter has the light green. some funky name, i can't remember.

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Can you tell what pieces are broken? Beautiful thing about Toyota's mirrors is that they're sold (at least, Gen 1 mirrors were) in parts as well as whole. The glass itself (in its little plastic frame) is an easily-replaced inexpensive part, the body-color-matched cover is an easily-replaced inexpensive part, so you might not need to buy the whole shebang unless there's actual damage to the big black plastic inner structure of the thing.

It's also nice that you can just buy it already finished in the color of your car. My mom used to have a Hyundai where you could only buy the mirror in gray primer, so replacing it always required a body shop expense to have it painted, as much as the price of the mirror or more. The Toyota way is much nicer.

-Chap

7. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sounds like you need the whole LEFT mirror and color matched cover. Reference this Camelback Toyota page for the part numbers needed. 2007 Toyota Prius Parts - Camelback Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Parts - Free Shipping

Reference Post #30 for, 7 other Toyota dealers who sell online. Enter the part numbers from Camelback, to comparison shop.
    Normal corrosion on a 10-month old HV battery? | Page 2 | PriusChat

You can also Internet search "OEM Toyota parts Oregon" to try and find a Toyota dealer in Oregon who sells online.

I am biased for Camelback:
    Close to me (2 days for UPS ground to arrive).
    FREE shipping w/ minimum purchase amount.
    NO Tax when billing and shipping address is outside of Arizona.
    They are open to price matching, just ask and reference the other Toyota dealer online.
    Try Mike (I think that is his name) at Autobeyours. Maybe they will have a good LEFT mirror in your color, considerably cheaper than OEM new? When I looked, they told me mirrors go quick, unfortunately. Prius hybrids sales and service Scottsburg Indiana

#7 exstudent, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    SFO likes this.
  8. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Another dealer I have used for online orders is metrotoyotapartsnow.com.
    For common items some dealers sell on Amazon.

9. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Cyber, I have a complete OEM driver side assembly that is missing only the colored plastic cover. Its bolted to a door that I got as part of a package deal when I purchased a bunch of prius parts. The plastic covers can be ordered (in your choice of color) for about 30 bucks direct from Toyota. I have no use for it. I'd be happy to just send it to you. Otherwise, it may never get used for anything. based on Toyota prices, that would save you a few bucks.

10. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to get back so late....

Very, very appreciative of the the offer, but I ordered a replacement pretty quickly from Camelback. Darn!!:cry::cry: I DO REALLY APPRECIATE THE OFFER!!!

Anyway, I have not been feeling very well lately and just found out why? In nine months I should have another helper here -- depending on your point of view.....in other words, a little one.

I did receive the mirror assembly and had no problem until I went to reinstall the speaker grill, which I finally ended up breaking. Ended up at the the local junk yard in pouring rain and 30 mph winds to snag a replacement for $10. I just am a bit worried about the toxic soup of mud and muck I had to wade through to get to the car since water was thundering down.

Also, there was all the "biohazard tape" wrapped around the car. Since there was not a lot left of the vehicle, I have to assume it was a fatal car wreck....

Anyone worry about karma....:eek:

The grill apparently is an upgrade as it has JBL on it. Do not really like the logo, but for $10. Now, have to find a day to try to reinstall. Oh, as a special only for me, they gave me the grill and the JBL tweeter for a total of $20. I did not need the tweeter, but....
    kris

#10 cyberpriusII, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  11. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats on the new arrival. Be sure to take care for both of you. Less risk taking is in order.

Also, I guess you need to stay away from the booze for a while.

#11 Prodigyplace, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017