1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ontario Canada Prius Deals Not Getting any Leaway

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by ranmandx, Jun 9, 2007.

1. ranmandx

ranmandx Junior Member

So i'm getting a prius up here in canada now unlike the states just 15 minutes from my house (niagara falls) they're not giving me any discount on the prius. If my local dealer managed to get the car traded i would have gotten a deal however this dealership (in toronto) won't budge at all. Now he's saying he'll throw in rust proofing and paint protection :S Told me to look at some accessories if i wanted but won't budge at all on the price. My dealer was frank with me saying they are making 2500 on the deal this place where the car i want (mag grey B package) won't give me anything except accesories and rust proofing/paint protection.

What should i do? Should i just get the accessories? like winter mats and stuff as well?

2. ranmandx

ranmandx Junior Member

I really want at least 500 dollars off the MSRP any canadians figure out a way to haggle? The dealers in canada seems really strict on hybrid pricing due to the 4000 dollars in tax and rebate credits.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, dealers are taking full advantange of the tax credits so they want in on the deal and get full profit for it. Dealers in BC have NOT been allowing any negotiation since 2004 so I can't help you there.

If you really want, just get $500 worth of accessories. The all-weather mats are pretty good. They're hefty and do well collecting snow/ice as well as mud.

I would also suggest the cargo mat (i.e. carpet). It helps with a few things:
    - helps muffle the sound just a tad because the hatchback is open and thus it'll be louder than a sedan.

- helps protect the (in my opinion) rather thin OEM carpeting

- if anything spills, it's easier to clean a mat than the actual carpeting in the car. (came in handy when liquid soap was spilt last week).

4. jeffharries

jeffharries Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ranmandx @ Jun 9 2007, 06:05 AM) [snapback]458624[/snapback]</div>
    Why don't you buy the Prius in the USA for $24,000, import it and save $10,000?
    I did that last summer with a new Honda Odyssey and I'm doing it now with a Magnetic grey Touring Model 2007. It is a very minor task.