1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ontario owners: How long to receive RST tax rebate?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Eug, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    How long has it been taking for the Ontario people to get their Ontario retail sales tax rebates this year? I sent my application in over 3 months ago and I still haven't heard back. This is concerning, considering they have my original lease documentation.

I guess I'll call this week, but is this par for the course?

P.S. I'm supposed to be getting the $1000. I envy you guys getting the $2000. Not only do you get a 2006 model Prius, you get an extra $1000 back too. :p

2. drummoros

drummoros New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Can't tell you about this rebate because I am one of the luck ones who hopefully will receive $2000 for the barcelona 2006 Prius which I received just after the provincial budget. :D I did however receive a prior rebate with respect to major energy saving appliances about two months after application so I would certainly make some inquiries if I were you.

3. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    Heh. Damn you... errr... I mean... Lucky you! :D

So I called them. They said they usually take about 8 weeks real-world. It turns out my name was spelled wrong in their system, so I don't know if that delayed things, but I should get it in a couple of weeks. That means for mine it's going to have taken closer to 14-ish weeks.

I'm not complaining too much... That $1000 plus my tax refund should hopefully make for a nice purchase soon... ;)

4. quaid

quaid New Member

It took about 6 months for me to receive my 1000 bucks from the government.

5. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(quaid @ May 2 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]248630[/snapback]</div>
    Ouch. Well perhaps they were behind sched back then. She said that right now they're closer to 2 months usually. When I applied last time (for my 2001 Prius), it took about that long. Given the longer delay this time around I wondered if they were getting deluged with all the new Priuses on the road...

P.S. That $2000 rebate is nice, but it seems $1000 of it will serve simply to offset the $1000 price increase of the recent Priuses.