1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oops! I fixed it and broke something else. Need a repair repair.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Glowo, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Glowo

Glowo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    So, I just successfully completed the DIY fix for the combination meter on my 2005 Prius which was going out intermittently but with increasing frequency. Soldered in the 220 uF capacitor. Meter works fine. Since I had never pulled out a car dash or soldered a capacitor before, I was somewhat proud of myself. However, I managed to break 2 of the dash vents and those fiendish little black clips inside the front pillar garnish, the ones you have to twist 90 degrees to get the garnish off and back on. Can anyone tell me where I can find replacements for these? I looked on Toyota parts online but could not find either. Thanks.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I would go to a junkyard. If you want new go to a dealer's part dept. New online, contact McGeorge Toyota. The price at the junkyard will be far better.

Contact Us | Toyota Parts

AAE340C7-6932-4529-82A2-812B2EEF4081.jpeg

SFO likes this.
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    [​IMG]

The twisty clip is the 90950-08004, right? About $3.50 at a Toyota dealer, or 20 for $15 on Amazon....

4. Glowo

Glowo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Actually, I didn't think that 90950-08004 was the part because when I went to the Toyota site and looked at the detailed drawing, it didn't have the square base or the little boot-shaped twisty part on the end. The location looked right, but the drawing just looks like a round peg. Maybe they just put up a bad drawing. The one on Amazon looks like the right part. Thanks. I actually found the vent after I posted this, but the cheapest one I could find was over $160. Toyota wanted $216. A search of wrecking yards in the area came up with nothing. I have been seriously considering just getting a $30 dash mat to cover the broken ones and calling it good. Both cracked at the top along the dash panel edge, probably because they are 15-year-old plastic that has been exposed to sunlight for all those years. Any from a wrecking yard would likely be in similarly brittle condition.

rjparker and ChapmanF thank you both for the assist.