1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Opel Flextreme to be built in US

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by zenMachine, Jul 14, 2008.

1. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Meanwhile, news has emerged that the electric Opel Flextreme will also be built in the US at first. The Flextreme shares its underpinnings and powertrain with the upcoming Chevrolet Volt, and both vehicles will be built together to reduce costs, though Opel will start to make the Flextreme in Germany at a later date. Sales of this model - which will be renamed for production - will start in 2012, after the Volt's arrival (2010).

Both the Flextreme and Volt are based on GM's Delta platform, which makes its debut under the Chevrolet Cruze later this year.

Toyota Prius and Opel Flextreme: production in US - Latest Car News from 4Car

2. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    While it is nice to know that the Flextreme will be built in the US, I'd like to know if it will be for sale in the US. I have no need for the volt as I have no use for any 4-door sedan. The Flextreme on the other hand would be a very nice and multi-functional vehicle.

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    " . . .developed from the earlier Chevrolet Volt concept . . ."

Would that be the 'aerodynamic as a brick' model? :pound: