1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Open Source Aux in alternative

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by _echo, May 28, 2006.

1. _echo

_echo Junior Member

Has anyone had any luck porting the aux in adapter for corolla? http://www.softservice.com.pl/corolla/avc/
    He had a whole bunch of good information regarding the details of the AVC-Lan, along with hardware design info.

The website appears to be down at the moment, but it appears to come up at normal business hours.. He has full schematics and source code for an aux in unit. I have a local copy I can post here if availability continues to be a problem. In any case seeing that much work done on this was a huge and VERY nice surprise.

I built up a prototype with the parts I had available, but the code isn't really functional at the moment, it just sits there and locks up my test platform's AVC-LAN. Something is screwy in the code when it disables interrupts and waits for bits. The fact that I'm using RS422 drivers since I had those on hand, when I should really be using CAN drivers dosen't help things either... In the spirit of preserving the open source tradition, I'll post it here soon (when it actually starts working.. :p)

The code had to be modified to compile on the current version of winavr/avrgcc. He was using an older version of AVR-GCC. I have also added a Visual Studio project file too.

If anyone has got this working: Did you modify he HU/CDChanger ID's?
    From the Beep code he used, something dosen't look right for the ID's.

If anyone out there is also developing stuff on this please let me know...