1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Opening plastics to install rear-view camera

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rockyroll, Oct 12, 2010.

1. rockyroll

rockyroll Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Was researching the forum on how to take apart the plastics to run the rear-view camera video cable from my head-unit.

I installed Pioneer AVIC-X920BT unit with Metra Axxess, "OEM like" fog lights and premium horns. So I am a bit handy, but I didn't find any of these installs to be very easy as some folks in Priuschat claim.

Could anyone share their knowledge on how to open the C pillar plastics, the ceiling cover and the rest of plastics covering the trunk lid. I am looking for instructions as without them I tend to scratch things, or concerned I am gonna break something. The only advice I found here was like "oh, it's very easy" which is not that helpful.
    Thanks

2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a document on the european toyota sight for installing a camera.

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/legacy/To..._View_Camera_PZ473_G0140_00_AIM_001_911_0.pdf

I thought it was a PITA, compared to installing the head unit. Some of those plastic parts get stuck, so you should have a tool for removal. The other tough part is running the cable through the flexible conduit to the hatch. If I were to do it over again I would have had someone else install the camera.

3. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A