1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Opening the dash for HU / factory GPS antenna location

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rrolff, Dec 17, 2010.

1. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just came across this again - it's been posted - but thought it may be of use to others... As you can see, the antenna goes under the dash - in the center. I still think locating it at one of the squakers (front tweeters) is far easier, and maybe a better location (direct line of sight)...

2. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Piccie missing.

3. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Forgot attachment - here it is...

Attached Files:

5. prius2010II

prius2010II Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've seen this document before. Does anyone have any experience removing the dash? How much time? Any tricks?

I wound up getting a model III (JBL system) I don't think the tweeter location is viable.

6. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Frenchie is the only one I know who actually pulled the dash. Your other option (much easier - and I'm sure as good or better reception) is to run the antenna up either side, along the A pillar, then put the antenna on the front window (any corner would work fine) - easy and pretty unobtrusive...

7. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's a pretty sweet PDF, I wish I could find one for the Prius C since I'm looking to do the same upgrade!

8. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The document kindly shared by @rrolff is a European accessory installation manual. Toyota hasn’t sold the Prius c or Aqua in Europe, so there is no direct equivalent for the Prius c; if there were, it would be on toyota-tech.eu.

For the Prius c, you can find illustrated, step-by-step instructions for removing the radio receiver, upper instrument panel, etc., in the Repair Manual, available by subscription to techinfo.toyota.com. The text and illustrations for 2016 and earlier Prius c models are also on the ChiltonLibrary service, to which the Los Angeles and Orange County public libraries both sponsor access (from home, if you have a library card) for their patrons.

PriusC_Commuter likes this.