1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Opinion=2008 with 'original hybrid battery'=Getting 41mpg, I drive my Prius hard.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ski.dive, Nov 5, 2022.

1. ski.dive

ski.dive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Opinion=2008 with 'original hybrid battery'=Getting 41mpg...I drive my Prius hard.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Mine is similar I get 47 to 49 I don't know about how hard but I'm on backcountry roads I don't spend a lot of time on the interstate which Prius is not made for that it's more at home speeding on backcountry roads than trying to run 90 down the interstate and when I am on the interstate I tend to be behind larger vehicles going 80 85. I'm looking to be in that draft not leading the pack

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  4. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't drive our 2007 hard, and find that the MPG depends mostly on the length of the trips. If the whole trip is only 3-4 miles the MPG will be in the low 40s. If the trip is longer than 7 miles then the MPG will be in the high 40s.

Not much point driving this car "hard" since no matter how hard one presses the gas pedal it will never be a car that accelerates quickly and its handling is not remotely sporty.

5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    No but it darts in and out of traffic pretty nicely and if you're careful you can leave a stoplight pretty smartly without watching the gas needle go to the e Mark

6. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It is often the case that the speed demon who zoomed up to the light and sat there while it was red watches me sail by him (almost always a him) in the other lane because I timed the light and the Prius never came to a complete halt. That victory lasts maybe 5 seconds before they zoom by again.

In light traffic only though. When there are more cars around I find that those slow approaches to lights make some of the drivers behind irritated and jumpy. Better safe than fuel efficient.

bisco likes this.