1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Opinion on Toyo Tourevo Tires? Les Schwab?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NoMoShocks, Apr 3, 2007.

1. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Does anyone have impressions, pros and cons, of Toyo Tourevo Tires (sold at Les Schwab in the west)? I am having a set installed on my Dodge Caravan today, and hope I made the correct decision. They are offering a money back satisfaction guarentee. I will have to get the details, limit of mileage, etc.

The UTQG for treadwear seems low at 280AA, but that could just be because Toyo is realistic and conservative with this self declared rating. The first letter is the Wet Skidding traction and the second letter is the Temp Ragne. The Traction number for Tourevo is actually AA, a new rating recently added, so I guess they are really 280AAA then.

Goodyear has some 750AB, but they could be overly optomistic.

When did Les Schwab prices sky rocket?

Each tire is $125, more than Goodyear of Michelin. Then they said I needed two axles worth of brakes with replacement rotors all around at $690. I am not used to paying more that $250 per axle for brakes at Les Schwab.

On the posative side, they include their total protection service at no extra charge, lifetime rotation, ballancing, road hazzard protection.

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Art's Automotive in Berkeley CA mentions the Toyo Proxes tires, as well as Michelin MXV4. In any case, their web site is worth a peek:

http://www.artsautomotive.com/Hybrid.htm

If Schwab is telling you all new brakes, I strongly urge you to seek a second opinion. Prius brakes last a long time. At worst it takes a couple of salted-road winters to get corrosion started. And Portland OR is not a place where that happens I reckon.

Wait..if the brake work is on the Dodge, I may have to withdraw that comment.

3. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    How are the Toyo Tourevo tires working out for you?

Brake prices are high at Les Schwab because they installed loaded calipers with every service. They will not do a brake job without replacing the calipers.

However, I have been VERY happy with Les Schwab and their service. Their prices may be a bit high and they must sell a bit more than what's needed, but their quality is top-notch and their service personnel are well-trained and friendly. I would not hesitate to go there at all.