1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Opinions of SERVCO Dealers on Oahu & Big Island

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by xinsight, Jan 9, 2011.

1. xinsight

xinsight New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I understand that a company called SERVCO has total control over new Toyota vehicle distribution and warranty service in the State of Hawaii. I found another recent thread regarding SERVCO's addition of un-needed oil additives very interesting. As we are considering relocating to either Oahu or the Big Island, I am wondering if anyone out there has any other experiences they'd like to share related to SERVCO dealers, i.e. how they treat you in general as a customer for sales, service & warranty repairs and if you have a favorite dealer on either of these islands (which have multiple SERVCO owned dealerships).

Thank you in advance for your input.

2. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    That was my post regarding the Krex Graphite Lubricant. Yes SERVCO is the only Toyota dealer in the State of Hawaii. They are there own Import and Distribution company independent from Toyota USA. They (SERVCO) know that they are the only show in town and if you want a Toyota and you are not importing it to the Islands from another locale that you have to buy it from them. You are not going to get a "deal" on a new car from them as to there is no competition. My Prius was my first auto purchase from them and the sales experience was stress free and professional only dealing with our salesman. My wife has purchased multiple vehicles from them in the past to include her current vehicle 2005 Tacoma. I have yet to take my Prius in for anything still new, but we service her truck at SERVCO Auto Leeward every 5k. SERVCO is a large company and diverse company, they have with in the past 5 years consolidated and rebuild or renovated all of there dealerships. I like the quality of service provided by them for the Tacoma's scheduled maintenance. You can request not to have the Krex added and save around $20. We also have a full size 2003 Chevrolet 3500 cutaway hi-cube van that we bought used from another dealership that we also have serviced at SAL. They had to replace both rear brake assemblies on the van and in the process of doing that job they said the axle seals need to be replaced they replaced the seals. About a year later I was under the van and noticed the rim was wet the axle seal was leaking they replaced it again free of charge. We have visited all of there dealerships for one reason or another and have not had any problems. In addition to Toyota autos they also sell Lexus, Scion, Hino, Chevrolet, Subaru, Suzuki. Hope that helps. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about SERVCO or Hawaii.

1 person likes this.
  3. xinsight

xinsight New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What a wonderful response - I greatly appreciate you sharing your observations!

I'm pleased to hear that, even though they are a monopoly, they are pleasant to deal with and responsible when it comes to their work. Our friend's son is a mechanic at one of their dealerships and we hear that he only complains that he doesn't get to test his skills out too often on the Toyota product line as they are so reliable they rarely need more than routine service.

I may take you up on your offer for a PM in the future. Thank you Dustoff.