1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oprah versus Magic.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Godiva, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Obama has Oprah and Hillary has Magic.

Gee.....I wonder who O.J. is going to endorse?

2. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Sep 14 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]512876[/snapback]</div>
    Gives you pause, doesn't it, that there are people who cast their vote on the basis of what some favorite celebrity thinks.

But that's democracy, the worst form of gov't, as Churchill said, except for all those others :p

MB

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Sep 15 2007, 01:23 AM) [snapback]512912[/snapback]</div>
    It's not just politics; we've had celebrities selling us crap through personal endorcements for generations.

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I fail to understand why anyone would infer or imply a moral equivalence between respected and successful individuals such as Erwin (Magic) Johnson and Oprah Winfrey and O. J. Simpson, a scumbag who was proven liable for a double killing and who is now being investigated for involvement in an armed robbery.

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Sep 15 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]513080[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't infer or imply anything. And I certainly don't think O.J is the moral equivalent to any biped.

I read two news articles today. One was about Oprah supporting Obama and Magic supporting Hillary. The other article was about O.J. being arrested for taking some memorablilia he claims was stolen from him. My mind then started working in a warped and twisted way. And the result was....who would O.J. endorse. Because I think he thinks he's still some sort of celebrity with some clout. I have no doubt whoever he supports would work very hard to try to distance themselves from him. And I can't help thinking that O.J. probably is not a democrat or a liberal. I don't know anything about his politics but I get the feeling he's conservative and is probably a registered Republican.

6. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Y'know, let's say OJ knew that no matter what, he didn't want "X" for President. All he'd have to do is endorse "X" vigorously enough that it would knock "X" down a few points, and that's all it would take - no "X" for President.

Now that's clout.

So if OJ ever does endorse someone, we'll have to wonder: what's OJ actually trying to accomplish?

Hmmm.

7. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Sep 15 2007, 02:18 PM) [snapback]513088[/snapback]</div>
    So are you inferring or implying something, now? It's sometimes hard to tell.

8. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Sep 15 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]513110[/snapback]</div>
    You're assuming O.J. thinks he'd have a negative impact on any candidate he endorses. That's he acknowleges that he is media poison. I don't think he does. I think he is clueless. The man wrote a book called "If I did it." I'm sure he thinks he is still in the same league as Oprah and Magic.