1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Optima battery for 2002??

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by NinnJinn, May 22, 2012.

1. NinnJinn

NinnJinn Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Since my inverter failure, my 12v battery has went dead. Although I did a 50amp jump, battery is working fine but I want to replace it since I don't know how old the battery is, plus now that it has died, I no longer trust it. (no lights nor accessories were left on)

I have heard nothing but good news about optima and would like to spend the few extra $$ to get one vs. the oem toyota battery.

HOWEVER, I don't know which one to get that will fit my "classic" 2002 prius.

Can anyone provide a link to the one I need that is either a direct drop in and go, or one that comes with a kit along with the battery?

I am finding everything for the 2nd and 3rd generation, but kinda foggy on the 1st gen.. ones I have found, say "no longer stocking item."

Thanks!!

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Try BatteriesPlus for a Rayovac SLI151R -- and please report back with pricing. Otherwise, you are looking at an Optima D51R with terminal conversion.