1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Options for 2009 Prius Nav Override

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PriusJunkie, May 31, 2010.

1. PriusJunkie

PriusJunkie New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :confused: I know there have been many discussions on overriding the nav system/CD MP3 lockout while driving, but I would like to find out what my options are. I have a 2009 Prius Touring edition with an integrated navigation and MP3 6 disc CD changer system. I purchased the iPod add-on SL2i-UP from Vais Tech, which works real good while I'm sitting in my driveway! However, I simply would like to have the detail of the song title, artist, and album title show up on the screen while driving. Those items all disappear as soon as I take off, and it makes me very angry at Toyota for doing this. I can go back one level and see the file and folder names while driving. It seems very arbitrary that Toyota allows the driver to view the file and folder name on an MP3 CD while the vehicle is moving, but not the detail of artist, album title, and song title.

Anyway, what are my options for overriding the nav screen lockout on the detail for MP3 CD's? Having the passenger be able to enter destinations while I am driving would be nice also, but I don't care about Bluetooth or video. I have read about the Coastal Tech switch for this, but has anybody tried it on the 2009 Prius Touring edition for just the nav system and CD MP3 override? I don't want to cut any wires, if I don't have to; but I will even do that if that is my best option.

In summary, what are my best options for overriding the nav system lockout while moving for a 2009 Prius with a nav system and CD MP3 changer: hacked DVD, Coastal Tech switch, cutting a purple wire, etc.?