1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Options for Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by krytron, Feb 15, 2011.

1. krytron

krytron Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I am thinking about buying 2011 Prius II (unfortunately, here in DFW area 2010's are almost gone). Many dealers seem to have II with a few options added. For example, $85 for rear bumper protector, $200 for carpet mat set, $379 for vehicle shield package, $299 for window tint...

It's my first time car buying, but my feeling is that these are too overpriced. I haven't done much research on it, but I assume I can get the same quality stuff somewhere else.

But please advise me regarding adding these options. My current strategy is to find a car with no options.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Those are PIO (Port Installed Options). The region orders the cars so it may or may not be possible to get exactly what you want. If you are a member go to www.aaa.com to build a car & get up to 3 dealer quotes.

The paint is delicate. You'll want something across the top of the rear bumper. My recommendations are VentureShield film & Husky rubber mats.

3. unkprius

unkprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If the sales of Prii keep inventory stock low, then it's going to be tough to get rid of those extras until you find one without them. I just ignore them in money talks. 10% off of sticker(with extras) is not a bad deal, but depending on the mood of the sales manager, the time of the month, the overabundance of one color, the weather, alignment of the planets, one can do better.....or worse. Many threads about prices, in the end everyone has their limits of financial haggling, patience, and predicting a sales outcome.