1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OR Pri Newbie

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by PDXPri, Mar 23, 2007.

1. PDXPri

PDXPri New Member

Picked up our '07 Magnetic Gray (base, #5) Prius this past Tuesday night :) and just now getting a chance to post on this forum. The car is amazing , and the people at Lum's Auto Center in Astoria provided great service and a super deal! If anyone is in the market for a car see Ken Kirby.

Wasn't sure whether to go with the Prius or the Limited edition 50th Anniversary Pearl white Camry that they had on order. Pricewise they were close enough that it was a wash, however we went with the Prius because whichever color and option we decided on they could get within a day. Also, the Camry was still being built and wouldn't arrive until April, which would cut in half the federal rebate.

Originally, we were going to trade in our '01 Civic 4dr LX on the Civic or Accord hybrids. After driving the the Honda's and the Prius, there wasn't any comparison. Toyota's hybrid technology is much more advanced then Honda's, not that Honda's is bad. The two companies have different philosophies, however Toyota takes full advantage of it's HSD technology and the Prius is much more practical. That's saying alot considering that I have owned either Hondas or an Acura over the last 15 years.

Anyway, don't mean to ramble. Thanks all for the great information and I'm sure I'll be on here fairly regularly.

Raul :p

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Beware of Prius people with logos on their foreheads. They may be hiding something...

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tochatihu @ Mar 23 2007, 08:20 AM) [snapback]410855[/snapback]</div>
    I resemble that remark!

Congratulations, Raul, on your new Prius and welcome to PriusChat. Tons of info here.

There's also a Portland HSD Meetup group you might be interested in. We used to be all Prius, but with the new Camry Hybrid and Highlander Hybrid, we want to welcome them too. Feel free to contact me directly too.

I have nothing to hide.