1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oral Resigns

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Nov 29, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Mr. Roberts has been the butt of many jokes, used by stand-up comedians like Sam Kinnison. I thought I would post a little humor for the anti-religious side of FHOP.

I thought from the article it was Oral Roberts Sr. As Kinnison once said He saw a 900ft Jesus standing over Tulsa Ok.

2. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Is this the same god that told my financial advisor's partner to withhold on his employees payroll for a month cause god told him to buy a big screen TV because he deserved it?

Is it the same god that my friend's graduate schoolmate ditched her on a project cause god told her to sleep in?

BTW, both of these are religious evangelical jesus freaks.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    God is great indeed. Did you see him help the Bears win last Sunday? I suppose after lifting such a heavy burden off Rick's back, he decided to take in a game. Apparently that was more important than the winning lottery ticket I was praying for.

4. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Nov 29 2007, 01:43 PM) [snapback]545744[/snapback]</div>
    I wonder if it's because he seems to have deserted Notre Dame's football team.

5. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Nov 29 2007, 01:43 PM) [snapback]545744[/snapback]</div>
    http://bobgob.com/2007/09/27/ode-to-rex-gr...wing-downfield/

Don't even talk bad about Sexy Rexy. He and old fart Desmond single handedly won me first place and $200 bucks in my fantasy football league last year.

6. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Actually, it was Richard Roberts (Oral's son) who resigned.
    Considering he's the son of the man who told a television audience that, if he didn't raise $8 million, god would "call him home", if the allegations are true, then he's a chip of the ol' block.

The family's faith may be real. I can't comment on that. But when you do stuff like this, you look like nothing more than a common huckster.

7. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rudiger @ Nov 29 2007, 01:47 PM) [snapback]545747[/snapback]</div>
    Oh I don't think ND faithful pray much.

8. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    To repeat what Proco said, it was Richard Roberts who resigned, not Oral.

Richard was the President of Oral Roberts University, and son of Oral Roberts, but it wasn't the Big O himself who God (AKA his lawyer) told to resign.

9. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The problem I have with ORU is that they have tax exempt status .They produce evangelical lawyers who use their legal skills to promote evangelical political ideology .
    That aside Oral is guilty of lavish spending also.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_Roberts_University
    "during the 1980s the ORU Board of Regents "rubber-stamped" the "use of millions in endowment money to buy a Beverly Hills property so Oral Roberts could have a West Coast office and house."[24] McNevin also said a country club membership was purchased for Oral Roberts' home. "His idea was if he could get on the golf course with these people, he could get donations for the university,""

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    people will use whatever justification they can scrounge up.

11. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I never liked him, on a personal level, since he told me once to my face, that I was going to hell, because I did not condemn gay folks. You know, since I am a preacher and all, I am suppose to hate gay folks.

Opps. I missed that part of Christ's teaching.

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If there is a god, he will wither the testicles of the two a$$holes who stole my huge concrete planter bowl from my driveway last night. The plants and pile of dirt are still there where they dumped them; a testament to their wickedness. I hope their priest tells them they have to return my bowl as part of their penance. (And say a few thousand Hail Marys and Our Fathers!)

13. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Nov 29 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]545741[/snapback]</div>
    Nope, not the same god. Each of these criminals and nut jobs has his own separate god inside his tiny mind.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Nov 29 2007, 10:53 AM) [snapback]545751[/snapback]</div>
    There are preachers who are not hucksters, but they have a hard time finding employment as preachers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mojo @ Nov 29 2007, 11:36 AM) [snapback]545778[/snapback]</div>
    Like any CEO, if he can bring in the profits, they pay him accordingly. Convince a bunch of idiots to disinherit their kids and give the money to your church-corporation instead, and you can demand a big house and country-club membership.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Nov 29 2007, 02:11 PM) [snapback]545853[/snapback]</div>
    You and I disagree about religion, TJ, but I deeply respect you for being one of the few who takes Jesus's message of love for all people to heart, and lives it, rather than giving lip service to the man and preaching hate and intolerance like so many of them do.

14. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Daniel~

I would guess your right, with the idea that most of these conartist preachers work under the false hood that they are working under the same god. But rather they are working under the same topic "Greed". or as Dire Straights sang (money for nothin & your Chicks for free). :lol:

To name one conartists Benny Henn, As he was supposed to be a faith healer.. I think there are a cpl of others. As for monoplising religion Oral & Jim Baker come to mind..