1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Orange plastic sliding cover in lower cargo compartment?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by dtuite, Apr 8, 2010.

1. dtuite

dtuite Silverback

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's plastic, it's orange and it's above the spare tire, to starboard, on the forward bulkhead. What is it?

There's a finger-hole, and you can slide the cover part to the left. I stoped playing with it at that point, deciding to ask before I yanked on it, lest it do something "interesting." I'd do a search, but I'm hanged if I can devise any sensible search terms.

I know the 12-v battery is back there, all the way aft, but the manual depicts jump-starting as an under-the-hood exercise.

2. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    HV interlock for HV maintenance only. Don't yank it if you do you will loose all HV circuits. To Reset slide to right to lock position restart engine 3 times to clear alarms.
    Jim

1 person likes this.
  3. dtuite

dtuite Silverback

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I guess that would have been something "interesting"! Thanks.

4. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes it was I got my sub cable snagged on this while I was installing the sub. Called Toyota and was ready to have the car towed until I double checked the switch and noticed I did not reset this puppy. Really was an adventure I dont want to repeat.
    Jim