1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ordered my Prius yesterday

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ymos, Jun 25, 2006.

1. ymos

ymos New Member

I ordered a Silver Pine Mica package 4 Prius yesterday - I'm pumped! I'm hoping it come by my birthday in September, but am not holding my breath. Anybody know someone who wants my Olds 98?

Thanks for the info about the extended warranty and rear view mirror tips (I'm 6'3" and need all the height I can get out of the mirror).

See you in September!

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    September?? Why is the wait so long? I figured you'd get it by the end of July at the latest, maybe mid-July. What's the hold up?

3. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jun 25 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]276565[/snapback]</div>
    Wait times still vary widely from area to area. I'm about at the mid-point of an estimated three month wait here in Connecticut. I'm sure I could probably have gotten it sooner if I seriously shopped around as I did last time. But since I've already got one, I'm in no rush, as long as I take delivery by end of September for the full federal tax credit.

4. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ymos @ Jun 25 2006, 12:12 PM) [snapback]276563[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to PC! You CAN find the car you want sooner, but that's up to you (and you could get a little help from your friends here if you asked :) )

An Olds 98? :blink:

Store it on an Ohio farm somewhere for $50/year, for about 25-30 years, then sell it. You'll get more than you would today (even paying for the storage).

OR

Find an Olds "enthusiasts' group" online (if there is one :( ) and try to sell it there.

5. ymos

ymos New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Jun 25 2006, 06:37 PM) [snapback]276626[/snapback]</div>
    I suppose I could go hunting and get one sooner - how much effort would that take? My time is limited because I run my own business and usually put in 60+ hours a week.

I've got a couple of friends who eye up the Olds and say to their sons "They don't make 'em like that anymore" - I'll be calling them up soon to see if they're interested.

Thanks for the feedback - I hope I can stay sane 'till the Prius arrives.