1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ordered my Prius yesterday !

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pola, May 24, 2007.

1. pola

pola New Member

Am very excited, my new Driftwood Pearl (tan) Prius will be ready to pick up in 3-6 weeks.. we'll fly to another state to drive it back. Could not find a package 5 (non-Touring) in Texas !
    Found a great leather shop here, which says their leather is much better than factory, and I've heard it is, so will add leather sometime this year..
    pola -
    soon to be hypermiler ! lol.

2. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Nice color choice. I was fortunate, the dealer was willing and able to get mine in two days from another dealer in area. He had about 12 other colors setting on lot at time. These days with the gas prices the availability may be starting to get more difficult. I expected Driftwood would be a popular color, but according to the poll Mag Gray is winning.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't know. After you drive it for a while you may decide to skip the leather. I had leather in my last car. Leather wasn't an option in 2005. I find I'm liking the fabric better than the leather. It's more comfortable and it cleans like you wouldn't believe. The only thing I don't like is the armrests and center console cover. On my next Prius I'll have the armrests and center console redone in leather. But I'll go ahead and stay with the fabric. The only thing I really miss is a factory leather wheel. I like the wheelskins well enough but the already thick steering wheel is even thicker with the wheelskin leather cover.

4. pola

pola New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusincc @ May 24 2007, 06:56 PM) [snapback]449477[/snapback]</div>

Thanks, so you liike your DRiftwood color ?
    Yes, Mag. gray is beautiful, but too hot for Texas.
    Take care,
    pola

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ May 24 2007, 10:15 PM) [snapback]449598[/snapback]</div>
    that's good to know, thanks for the info !
    yes, those fabric consoles and armrests would be better in leather.
    aren't there any alternative to factory leather wheel covers ?
    How do you clean your fabric ?
    I thought leather was easier to clean.
    My kitty barfs on the way to the vet, and often it gets on the car, so leather would be more cleanable wouldn't it ?
    best,
    pola

5. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Cool. I was starting to wonder if you were ever going to buy one...

About the only things to do before the long trip home:

1. Check the oil, just to be sure.

2. Adjust your tire pressures if you choose to set them above the factory 35/33psi.

If your package 5 includes the CD changer, bring travelin' music.

6. pola

pola New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ May 25 2007, 09:13 PM) [snapback]450206[/snapback]</div>

THANKS, Rick, I'm glad I did not disappoint you ! (Lol)
    Will follow your advice, and hopefully the trip will be as trouble-free as the last one.
    I'm probably not going to do anything to the tire pressure until i get it all figured out, and study what works, etc... we got great MPG on his factory 35/33, but i am not educated re: tires yet.
    all the best,
    pola

7. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    At least make sure the tire pressures are correct before starting out. If the dealer doesn't check, they could be low. No sense having increased tire wear and bad MPG.

8. wiiprii

wiiprii New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ May 24 2007, 09:15 PM) [snapback]449598[/snapback]</div>
    We have a leather cover on our center armrest. Custom made, available on ebay. About $30, and it looks great.

-wiiprii

9. pola

pola New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wiiprii @ May 26 2007, 02:50 PM) [snapback]450529[/snapback]</div>
    sounds good, will look into that !
    thanks !
    pola

10. 2hansons2

2hansons2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusincc @ May 24 2007, 07:56 PM) [snapback]449477[/snapback]</div>
    We just got our new Barcelona Red pkg 2 (dealer here couldn't get any other packages for 4 weeks). I was wondering about the quality of the cloth seats since the material seems so thin.

Our previous car was a 1998 Olds Aurora with WONDERFUL heate leather seats so I guess I'm spoiled. We can add after-market OEM leather with heated seats for around $1800 but don't know if it's worth it. Any thoughts?