1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ordered my Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ESanders2, Apr 11, 2007.

1. ESanders2

ESanders2 New Member

I finally put down a good faith deposit and ordered a White/Grey Package #1.

There is definitely a surplus in Northern Cali right now, some dealers have up to 70 available on the lot right now. So it's a good time to buy. I was able to do all the negotiation from overseas on the internet, so I didn't even have to stop foot inside the dealership, just had to leave them a credit card number. Man, that's definitely the way to go too, forget all that dealer back-and-forth and price haggling. The internet dept gave me about 300 below invoice, so the total came to 20,800. That seemed like a good deal to me. We'll wait a few weeks for the car to come in, they're doing some kind of dealer trade from a more distant dealership. There don't seem to be a lot of package 1's and 2's out there b/c it was hard to find one in the colors we wanted.

We got rid of a Nissan Murano for this car - Nice car, but I'm tired of the premium fuel and 18 mpg.

2. MarkMN

MarkMN New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SandMan @ Apr 11 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]421628[/snapback]</div>
    Sounds like you got a great car at a good price. I am wondering if other people feel there is a shortage of available Base, option 1, or option 2 models out there. When I shopped back in February there was a lot of Prii on the lots but almost all of them were option 4 or higher. I didn't want to pay for more than option #2 and I had to wait for the dealor to track one down in my color and they finally did a dealor trade with a dealor 80 miles away. They didn't even have a black option #1 or #2 on the list of cars that they were recieving during the next month and half, and neither did two other local dealors.

3. snowdog650

snowdog650 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good work, SandMan ... I know that you've been looking for a while, and it looks like you're good to go.

Now just make it home safe.

Hoorah.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Makes me cringe to see those kinds of prices. While I think it is a great thing I just hate the fact I paid $30k for mine ,out the door, in 2005. :(

5. Prius The First

Prius The First New Member

Good for you! ditch the 18mpg for the 48+ MPG

BIG OIL is not happy with you.