1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ordering 2008s only?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by atomicmama, Jun 16, 2007.

1. atomicmama

atomicmama New Member

Hi folks -
    I've been working on purchasing a Prius in the Seattle area. Today one dealer told me that he couldn't provide numbers for me if I wanted to order a car, because all new orders are for 2008s, and they don't have the new pricing yet. Has anyone else heard this? Just curious.

Stephanie
    Seattle, WA

2. meridian506

meridian506 New Member

As of two weeks ago (when we placed an order with Matt of Burien Toyota) this wasn't the case, but we are past the middle of June now so it wouldn't surprise me. I actually need to get an update on our order - we might be in the same boat as you!

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome to the site. Your experiences appear to be normal. Shopping at the end of production for any model year is a crapshoot. Then add the fact that there is a relatively minimal amount of Prius inventory (at least here) and the situation is pretty much like it was a year ago. If the dealer won't talk specific numbers (don't blame him for that on a 2008) you should still be able to negotiate to $x above invoice. Keep looking. You may still trip over a 2007 that will make you happy.

4. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    my dealer said this to us as well, when we ordered mine. They weren't even sure if it was going to be an 07 or an 08. We ordered it, but had to put down $500 (fully refundable if we decide we don't want it)

5. kpzerone

kpzerone New Member

My dealer says they will get a new shipment in a couple of week - all 2007s.

Not sure if he's telling me the truth, though.

6. 1x1

1x1 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueWind @ Jun 20 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]465441[/snapback]</div>
    We put down a deposit on a '07 Prius Memorial Day weekend and were told it'd be 8 to 12 weeks until we'd see the car; in other words, late July or late August. We've since had an update that our car will be in next week.