1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ordering or waiting?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by foobaroni, Sep 25, 2009.

1. foobaroni

foobaroni New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone. I've been reading this forum for some time, and I thought I'd come out and ask everyone if it was better to place an order or wait for inventories to build up.

Long story short: I want a 2010 White Prius, Package II or III. I've gone to a lot of dealerships and no luck (many of them want MSRP or don't have the configuration I want). I basically have two choices: wait for inventory to build back up so I can negotiate, or just bite the bullet and place an order.

My questions are:

1.) What is the timeframe you think it'll be before inventories will stock up again? I've seen a lot of discussion about this, and a lot of disagreement, so just giving your opinion is fine.

2.) If you placed an order for a Prius, how did the process work? Were you worried that you'd put down a deposit and they'd never deliver? Are some dealers more reputable than others? How long did you have to wait? Any other thoughts? :)