1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oregon - "3m Protection"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by oregonmike, Sep 3, 2008.

1. oregonmike

oregonmike Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello All,

I just picked up my Prius and want to add the 3m Paint Protection ("Clear Bra"). My dealer doesn't add this, but did mention it would be a great thing to have here in Oregon if you travel over the passes during the winter. I was already hooked on getting it anyway.

Does anyone else around Oregon have this on their car and/or know where in Oregon I could get it installed at? Always better if someone can recommend where rather than just the luck of the draw in the yellow pages.

2. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here is the link to the 3M site, put in your zip code to find one near you:
    Find a Professional Installer

There is NO ONE in RI who installs, so I am driving 63 miles on Friday afternoon for it.

Ventureshield is also by 3M and is a better product. That is what I am getting.

3. oregonmike

oregonmike Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Freedom,

Thanks for the link, I was hoping somewhere around a Toyota Dealership would do it. I contacted the closest authorized car-dealership (Honda) and they have an outsideder come in a do it. Would prefer some dealership over an independent home-install. Anyone have any ideas where to look?

4. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just got back from having mine done. Great stuff! This place does all the corvettes for the RI Corvette Club!

Hope you find what you are looking for. I don't know of ANY dealers who offer Ventureshield.

5. smsprague

smsprague New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I put it on my 2008 a month ago and it looks great. So far no nicks or scratches.

6. ElectricMayhem

ElectricMayhem New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I got the 3m one, and the body-shop actually replaced it as part of my collision coverage when I needed a new hood.

Only thing... I think they replaced it w/ a cheaper version. It seems a bit softer than the 3m.