1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Organic Wines

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by barbaram, Apr 29, 2006.

1. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thought I would share this great Winery with you. Coturri Winery in Glen Ellen CA makes very delicious all organic red wines. Nothing added at all!
    I went to a wine dinner with Tony Coturri and they are very serious about what they produce. They do have a website, you know how to find it!
    Happy sipping!

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Whole Foods in Deerfield, IL sells an organic wine called "Our Daily Red". It's very delicious. I have to admit that I thought my wife was silly when she said that drinking wine makes her head hurt the following morning. After a few glasses of Daily Red, I'm a believer. It's that I had ever noticed a sore head the morning after drinking, it's that I noticed that I didn't have a sore head after drinking Daily Red.

If you never tried organic wines, I highly recommend them.

3. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Oh you have no idea how psyched I am to hear about this!

Last Christmas season I was at home for a formal ball. I had a few glasses of red wine, and soon began to have a horrible case of the hiccups. I realized after about 10 minutes that I was in trouble, and grabbed a friend to go call someone to bring me my asthma inhaler. By the time my inhaler arrived I was in what I considered serious respiratory distress. Thankfully, a good dose of my steroid inhaler did the trick.

I was determined to figure out triggered the attack, and later discovered that 5 percent of people with asthma have a problem with the sulfites in wine. Sulfites are an additive that help preserve the wine. I recently went on a business trip to Napa, and could only find one organic wine in the restaurants we tried. And it was awful. So I had given up on drinking wine....which I used to enjoy. Perhaps I'll try out your suggestion! I'm now much more careful about keeping my inhaler with me...I had left it in my room because it didn't fit in my cute formal purse.

4. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HokieHybrid @ Apr 29 2006, 02:52 PM) [snapback]247245[/snapback]</div>

BE VERY CAREFUL.

even all natural/organic wines have natural sulfites in them. I'm in the same position as you-- I can't have them at all it sucks cause I used to enjoy them for a very short time with dinner (I was only drinking every now and again after hitting 21 and didn't/don't abuse it), I found my throat was itching like heck and it was hard to breath. My inhaler was near by thankfully, and it actually took me by surprise-- I used to enjoy the hard lemonades but rather quickly found out after the wine that I was struggling with them as well... only because they contained sulfites.

http://winemakermag.com/mrwizard/228.html

5. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    unfortunately sulfites are a natural component of wine, no matter what.
    drank large amount of wine at the wine dinner with no ill effect the next morning-
    however I think organic wines have far lower amounts so even if you have a sensitivity you may be able to drink some small amount without harm. if you check the website and email tony coturri, he probably has some suggestions.

6. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Similar Topics is an interesting addition the PC but I noticed on this wine thread that the topic considered "similar" is something about Tire Screwiness....... rather odd. Remember no matter what type of wine, the Prius does not yet drive itself so no drinking and driving.

7. aalpenia

aalpenia New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ Apr 29 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]247222[/snapback]</div>
    I hear organic wine gives you great mileage