1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Original Vais Ipod playlist w/over 100 songs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by saechaka, Jun 27, 2006.

1. saechaka

saechaka Member

well i was the first to buy the first vais unit that came out where each playlist can only contain up to 99 songs. once the playlists gets past song 100 it repeats and the song title will not match the song. i found out by pressing the RAND button to turn it off and then pressing it to turn it back on will get the title of the song to appear correctly. hope that makes sense. by the way i always have RAND and DISC REPEAT on.

2. BobR

BobR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(saechaka @ Jun 27 2006, 10:45 PM) [snapback]277821[/snapback]</div>
    What version of the Firmware do you have on your AIC-100i? There were a lot of improvements made over time. I believe the latest firmware was 3.52. If you send your box back to VAIS they will update the firmware for free and even pay shipping back to you.

3. breathnach

breathnach New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobR @ Jun 28 2006, 08:09 PM) [snapback]278350[/snapback]</div>
    Can I upgrade the firmware myself? I think VAIS supports a cable to upgrade the firmware, but I don't know much about the process...

Thx.

4. BobR

BobR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(breathnach @ Jun 28 2006, 09:37 PM) [snapback]278380[/snapback]</div>
    I believe the cable is for the SLI not the AIC-100i. I don't believe you can upgrade it yourself, but you should post the question to the VAIS forum and see what they say.
    http://www.vaistech.com/forums/index.php

5. Tigerops

Tigerops New Member

I have the newer SLI and it doesn't support over 99 songs per playlist. Not if you want the correct info on the display. I'm correct on this right?

Does your trick work for the SLI do you think? I'd LOVE to have over 99 songs because I barely have any music on my iPod now that I can't have bigger playlists.

Thanks

6. BobR

BobR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tigerops @ Jun 29 2006, 01:40 PM) [snapback]278672[/snapback]</div>
    Do you have it setup as a CD Changer or MD changer. The CD changer will only count up to 99 and switch to 00, 01... for 100, 101... This is a limitation of the CD Changer interface. The MD Changer will count up to 999 songs. After that, go to 000, 001 for 1000, 1001...
    You can have as many songs you like in a playlist. If the interface gets confused for some reason, selecting DISC RAN and RAN and back so they are off normally fixes the problem. The worst I ever have to do is switch it to Simple mode and back and the interface is 100% again.

7. Tigerops

Tigerops New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobR @ Jun 29 2006, 10:50 AM) [snapback]278678[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Bob, thanks for the quick reply. I think the instructions said to use CD changer mode, but somehow my iPod slipped into MD changer mode and that's what I've been in forever. Also the instructions said that playlists are limited to 99 songs before the info goes all wacky, so maybe they were referring to the CD changer mode. But why would they not want us using MD changer mode if it works better than CD changer mode? I think the '04 models WITHOUT Nav were supposed to use CD changer or something. I'll have to add more than 99 songs and give it a whirl as it is right now and see what happens. If I have the playlist on Random at all times would I still need to do the RAN switching if it gets screwy?

A little off this topic, but my iPod is randomly pausing while I'm driving. Maybe like once every 20 minutes or so the iPod will just pause while using the SLI box. I have no idea why it's doing this and no one on the VAIS boards has helped. Any ideas? Should I go back to CD changer mode to solve this?

Thanks in advance. :D

8. BobR

BobR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tigerops @ Jun 29 2006, 02:17 PM) [snapback]278693[/snapback]</div>
    What version of Firmware do you have on your SLI? What kind of iPod do you have? Does it have the latest firmware?
    My guess is that there is something between the two that isn't compatible. In the worst case, you might need to send the SLI back to VAIS.
    Are you located around Philadelphia? Maybe we can swap out our boxes and see if it still is a problem?

9. Tigerops

Tigerops New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobR @ Jun 29 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]278741[/snapback]</div>
    I have no idea about the VAIS firmware. How would I find that out? I have a 4th Gen iPod (no clickwheel and no video) And I'm in So Cali, so that's a no go. :D

10. BobR

BobR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tigerops @ Jun 29 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]278743[/snapback]</div>
    The Click Wheel is difference between a 3rd and 4th gen iPod.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61688

Do you have a row of buttons?

Select the Aux in on the SLI. That will tell you the firmware.