1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Orlando,FL:Looking for someone to replace the ABS module on my Gen 2 2008 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mailtrain13, Aug 1, 2020.

1. mailtrain13

mailtrain13 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

My ABS module is failing. So I decided to replace it. The dealer quoted me about $1000 for labor if I get the part. I think that's too much. I am looking for someone who can help me to replace the ABS module on the car for a reasonable prize. I live near east Orlando.

SFO likes this.
  2. sub3marathonman

sub3marathonman Active Member

OK, maybe a little late, as I don't get here often, maybe a little far as Todd of Tampa Hybrids, is in Lutz, but it is well worth the drive to go to him. I've had him change the hybrid battery, it turned out excellent. I know of another guy who bought a used LEAF from Todd and he's very happy.

He is very honest, dependable, and honest. A nice guy too.

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The thing about this is that I probably wouldn't do the job for $1000. Getting a dealer to do it for $1k may actually be ok it it were me.

I've removed several of them. Removing is easy. Doing it neatly enough to reinstall a replacement, do the brake bleeds and have it all work? and a warranty on the labor? I'll do my own if needed, but someone else's? For $1k? No thanks...