1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Other....boats?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by efusco, Jul 31, 2007.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone else notice the google ad:
    (I'll give the link, but click on the ad so Danny gets a few pennies for the site)
    http://dsehybrid.com/

A family boat that goes up to 7 knots on the solar array alone!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sweet!
    I've been contemplating the possibility of a pontoon stlye electric fishing boat with a solar array. You could easily convert a used one. Typically, you don't go fishing in the rain or at night, so it's a good fit. On days you are not fishing, the boat can help power your home! Dual use for the same investment in solar!

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It wouldn't work up here. All of the seagull sh*t would block the PV panels. :blink:

Tom

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Pretty cool, Evan. I just looked at the website, and the boat looks like fun. I'd prefer a sailing mono-hull version, but then it would be harder to get the space for the PVs. I like the notion of being able to use the PVs to power house systems, such as refrigeration. This is normal, but being able to double up for propulsion use in clever. The design doesn't look seaworthy enough for some of the weather we get in the Great Lakes, but that's true for most pleasure motor craft. The strategy in that case is to make a run for shelter before the weather gets too bad. At sailboat speeds you can't do that.

Tom