1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ottonavi install in 2012 Prius 2?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by aragon, Jul 5, 2012.

1. aragon

aragon New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello all,

Thanks to numerous threads and comments on an Ottonavi install, I went ahead and purchased one and was all in trying to self-install the Ottonavi GPS.

However, ran into a couple of problems:
    * The trim color was different from the panel color for the 2012 Prius: anyone else have this issue?
    * More importantly, the wires connecting to the HU in the 2012 model looks different from the 2010/2011 pics that have been posted (please see attached). I see 6 wires, with only 2 connecting to Ottonavi cables. The wires connecting to the Ottonavi don't seem to match so not sure which functionalities will be affected.

Anyone try to install an Ottonavin in a 2012 model 2?
    IMG_4942_1.jpg

2. r3dl4b3l

r3dl4b3l Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    According to the Ottonavi site, their harness is not compatible with the 2012 touch screen radios.

Might consider returning this back to them and let them know. Also they put that disclaimer last week about the compatibility issue. If you ordered prior to that then I would try to get them to not charge the restocking fee for a full refund.

3. ls1z01

ls1z01 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two