1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ouch, Parking lot damage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rustyj, Jan 5, 2006.

1. rustyj

rustyj New Member

Well, I made it 10 months and 17K miles without any major mishaps, but over the weekend somebody got me. I now have a dent about 2"-3" long (not very deep) where somebody opened a door right over the left rear tire. Paint is still all there (along with some white paint from the offending vehicle).

It Sucks! I look at the car and it glares at me. Guess I'm going to have to look at options for repair, since I don't think I can keep the dent from driving me crazy. I'm guessing the cost will be less than my comp. deductable, so I get to eat the cost.

Guess it could be worse, when I purchased my previous vehicle (11 years ago), it was only 2 weeks before the first door ding.

2. Atypical Hippie

Atypical Hippie New Member

Congrats on your first ding. Now you can finally relax.

3. lee

lee New Member

Consider paintless dent repair (they go by various names like Dent Wizard, Dent Doctor, etc). They can work miracles, usually for less than $100 per incident.

I've also found someone who comes to my house with a full paint mixing and matching facility in their truck. I used them to fix all the dings and scratches on my previous vehicle before I traded it in on the Prius. The total cost was less than half the cost of repainting even the smallest panel at the body shop.

4. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A

I second this advice. A few years back I used this service for another car. I asked the dealer for a recommended company because the dealers seem to use this service a lot.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Feel your pain I got a passanger door ding (red paint) at less than 5k. Still looking for that person. Where is CSI when you need them? :D

6. JKnight

JKnight Member

I got a nice $1300+ dent in a parking lot over the Christmas holiday. No note, I had to eat it.

I got a new bumper cover out of the deal, but I also lost some HOV lane stickers. I'm not looking forward to dealing with DMV tomorrow....

Jan