1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Our first New car! Prius c III

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by rmojo, Apr 3, 2012.

1. rmojo

rmojo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We finally took the hybrid plunge. We drive about 180 miles a day between us and decided that the 96 Camry(288000 miles) was not cutting it anymore. With our savings in gas, that will cover 3/4 of the new car payment. I just need to figure out how everything works and how to get the best milage. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 person likes this.
  2. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Try checking out the link in my sig. It is written by catgic on how to get even more MPG out of your car. The best I can recommend is be ready to change how you drive, as a lot of us drivers have had some serious bad habits when it came to driving and not having the convenience of information telling us how much MPG we are using on the car.

Driving the Prius, or any of the 'smarter' cars these days, its about the information feedback and reacting to it appropriately.

2 people like this.
  3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride! Sounds like you got good use out of the Camry. Our 97 had 126K hard miles and it still had life in it.

1 person likes this.
  4. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    A few days ago I traded in my 1996 4Runner with 76K on it for $5000 (I installed the TRD Supercharger) and got Prius V 5ATP without having a test drive! I read this forum for a while and decided that no need. I love the car and now going crazy with accessories: seat cover from wetokole but have to wait 2 more months for the rear seat cover since there is no Prius V in Hawaii yet. The rest are: all weather floor mat, rear bumper guard, side moldings, bug shield, front clear bra set, car go floor liner as well as full cargo liner, led interior light and windows tint. The visibility is much better than I thought. Still playing with parking assist! A lot more to read.
    Oh, did I mention I need to get a new cell phone with Bluetooth.
    I also got the leather console cover.

5. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats! Nothing beats the first new car...

1 person likes this.
  6. ArkiePrius

ArkiePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congratulations on your first new car, especially since it is a hybrid. I believe you will really enjoy it, especially when you start filling it up with gas and seeing what kind of gas mileage you are getting. I have had mine for a month and a half or so and I am enjoying it more every day. :welcome:

1 person likes this.