1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Our Search For the Right C Model

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by WD0AFQ, Jul 28, 2012.

1. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I used "cars.com" to locate vehicles that might suit us. Learned about it from the Chevy Sonic forum. It allows one to put the model, and distance. I was prepared to drive as far as needed so when searching for the 4, so I had it wide open. There are not lots of 4 models listed but I could look through them fairly quick. When I decided that a 2 model would do us I had to narrow the search to 250 miles due to the abundance of 2 cars. One thing I learned, dealers post cars as soon as they place an order. It might be several weeks before that car shows up on their lot. If there are "real" pictures they have the car. They leave the car posted after it sells, sometimes.
    Now, I figured some dealers may not be on the website. I was correct. Put in a local dealer and found he had the very car we wanted.
    I post this only to help others going through what we did. Once you have narrowed down your car this will give you a good idea where you can go to look at them in person and cut your deal. As with the Sonic Turbo Hatch, this is a popular car. Dealers are not coming off the window as much as I have been used to in the past. Internet shopping may have them pricing the vehicles more competitively. I did find that most models with same options were priced very close by most of the dealers.
    Dan
    enhoying the model 2