1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Out with the old, in with the new... yay!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pearsonrj, Nov 5, 2007.

1. pearsonrj

pearsonrj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    A week ago I was involved in an accident that totalled my 2005 Prius (package 6? Can't recall - anyway it had the Nav etc.). Yesterday we bought a replacement - a 2008 Touring with Package 6 (Leather, Nav etc.) in Silver. My old Prius was Salsa Red and really showed the scratches my kids managed to put on it, so I'm hoping Silver will not show them so much. In 2005 I paid MSRP - $100 for my Prius. Yesterday I paid MSRP - $1900. The new car was actually $450 cheaper to buy than the old, and has leather and a backup camera, 16" alloys etc.

So, some observations:

1) Love the leather-covered steering wheel.
    2) Some on the forum have commented that they tried both Touring and non-Touring, and couldn't tell the difference. Well, I can, and I think the Touring feels alot more solid at highway speeds - firmer suspension, less body roll, more precise steering. So far I'm happy with my decision on that front.
    3) Finally I can enter phone numbers directly into the address book!
    4) Higher resolution MFD is easier on the eye.
    5) Backup camera is great for parallel parking. I never have understood the fuss about the alleged poor rearward visibility, but since the MFD is there it's nice to have the camera. I checked out the Camry Hybrid and was surprised that Camrys with Nav do not include a backup camera.
    6) I prefer the texture of the plastics on my 2005 Prius.
    7) No more 'I agree' button to press on the Nav - it just displays a message for about 3 seconds. Now why can't they do the same thing for the phone functions and let you use them in motion?
    8) 51.2 mpg after 210 miles on my first tank. I was a bit concerned that the Touring 16" wheels might increase fuel consumption - but I'm very happy so far...

2. Winston

Winston Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Concord, CA? I am right near you in San Ramon. What dealer did you purchase your car from? Did you go through the internet sales dept.?

Congratulations on your new car.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We are sad and happy for you! :_>

4. pearsonrj

pearsonrj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I bought the car at Concord Toyota. If you're not bothered about the Touring, talk to Sue in the Internet/Fleet Dept. at Antioch Toyota. She gave me a quote that was about $2300 below MSRP for a non-Touring Prius, package 6. Best price by far in my area.