1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Outlet

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by malorn, Dec 4, 2008.

1. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  2. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What did you say your address was again? :rolleyes: The new issue of Motor Trend also compared the ZR1 and 599 on Chryslers 5 mile banked oval in AZ and named the ZR1 the top for total package with a negative to interior quality.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The Corvette is a beautiful car. I just don't want, need, or care for that kind of power, and it burns gas. If there'd been an all-electric Corvette a couple of years ago, I'd have bought one instead of my Zap Xebra.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did they test it against a Tesla?

5. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Might actually be interesting until 130 mph where the Tesla supposedly tops out(?)...Corvette will continue on to 200.4 MPH...not that anyone would ever go that fast or use all 638hp supercharged V8. "Hook up its huge rear 335/25R20 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s, get the revs just right, and the ZR1 will clear the 60-mph barrier in just 3.3 seconds. And then it really wakes up. In the quarter, the ZR1 guns past the Ferrari (and almost every other production car we've ever tested), tripping the timing lights in just 11.2 seconds at 130.5 mph."-Motor Trend:mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::eek:

The rated 14/20 mpg isnt too bad, but then I dont think its at 200mph either:D I think its high MPG on highway is due to the 1750 RPM at 60mph and it still has 22.4cu ft of cargo space

They also had an article on the new BMW 335D(iesel) which is going to get something like 23/36mpg? with 225 hp and lots of low end torque...and 50 state legal...i guess its a start in at least some new direction?:confused:

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Even though I'm no fan of GM, I have to admit the C6 is a great value for a sports car. Highway gas mileage is surprisingly good for something so powerful too.

I had a brief drive of a base C6 a few years at a GM event (event unfortunately wasn't worth the time spent) and I have to say even the base has enormous power. It's too much for its stock tires to handle.

Romp on the throttle w/o being pointed straight ahead and you start fish tailing a bit... Wow!

7. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    As great as the ZR1 is, GM shouldn't be spending all that R&D money on a supercar that only a handful if not less of people can afford. Build a PHEV for the masses