1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Outrageous Dealer Tales

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by carma, Nov 23, 2004.

1. carma

carma New Member

So as a brand new Prius owner I thought it might be fun/useful to start a thread about silly dealer claims about the car.

Yesterday when closing the paperwork, I was considering purchasing a maintenance package. The dealer sensing my hesitation gave me this great story about how some little old lady who had her local mechanic do her oil change on her Prius. While doing the oil change the mechanic mistakenly opened some mystery plug on the motor and coverd himself in battery acid and had to be taken to the hospital. The moral of this story was that the Prius is so complicated and potentially lethal only a dealer certified technician can do an oil change...

I didn't mean to be rude but I actually laughed out loud at this story :)
    I asked the dealer if Toyota would really design a car that could hospitalize you when you did an oil change. No answer to that and I declined the service contract.

p.s. The dealer still got his licks in on the extended warranty, which after seeing the deal Danny is offering, I am cancelling first thing this morning.

2. tag

tag Senior Member

Pretty funny......the dreaded "Prius mystery plug". :lol:

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Some salespeople will do anything I guess.

OK, how many of you have ever seen a drain plug on a battery?