1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Outside door handles

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by mgb4tim, Aug 20, 2009.

1. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  2. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good question.

But I doubt those 2002-2006 Corolla/Matrix chrome door handle covers would fully work on the 2010 Prius because they wouldn't have the cut-out for the 2010 Prius front doors' SKS lock touch/button area.

I'd wait until you see someone come out with chrome door handle covers made specifically for the 2010 Prius with the type of SKS door handles you may have.

BTW, usbseawolf2000 and I both have those same chrome door handle covers made specifically for our Gen II Prius with SKS. I like the look with them on and with them off. I have them on right now. But if I get bored with them, I'll just take them off. You can always reattach them with 3m auto accessories foam tape. At around $27 shipped, there's not much money at risk if it turns out that you don't like them.

Note that if and when you get these for your 2010 Prius, you may have to stick on another layer of 3m auto accessories foam tape on some of the pieces. I had to do that with mine in order for the foam tape to have enough profile to stick to the door handle.

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I got mine for the Gen II, my vendor included 2 pieces for the passenger door key cylinder area -- one with a hole for the key cylinder and another without that hole. If Tim ever gets these for his 2010 Prius, he may have to tell his vendor exactly what he needs.

5. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'll probably wait. I'll ask the seller if he has a time frame in mind, yet.

6. Mike 06 Gen II

Mike 06 Gen II New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II

new member here and new owner of an 06'- are these door handle covers still available? I can't find any that account for the smart key, all that Isee have that area covered sadly...

thanks and cheers!