1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

outside mirror turn signal bulb

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cutter44, May 5, 2018.

1. cutter44

cutter44 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I need to get my 2012 C4 inspected this month and I was just going over everything to make sure it passes. I noticed the turn signal in my right side outside mirror is not blinking. I'm hoping this is a simple pop-in replacement, but I can't see an obvious way to get into where the bulb is. The manual says to have the dealer do it, but there has to be a better (cheaper) way for a bulb replacement.

Thanks for any advice.

2. cutter44

cutter44 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Never mind. I did a little more hunting around and discovered that it's more than a bulb. I had to get the whole lamp assembly. I could wait a few weeks and get it from China for $10. Local dealer #1 had it for $25 and local dealer #2 for $32. It was a bit of a pain in the butt to take off the back cover of the mirror, then I had to remove that lamp assembly. But putting it all back together took less than 5 minutes. Now it's done and I should be able to pass inspection.

Brandon Most and ztanos like this.